Give Some Love to your Jewelry
Our pieces can mean everything to us, from sentimental value to adding a pop to our everyday outfits. This can mean we may never want to take them off, and some of us never do. However, this can actually be damaging to our jewelry.
3 Mistakes to Avoid:
- Not Cleaning Properly: You may not even realize how much dirt, dust and other residue can build up on you pieces over time. This residue can make the jewelry look dull and affect the quality of the gemstones and precious metals so always clean your jewelry properly.
Never Taking Jewelry Off: Taking off your pieces periodically may enhance and help maintain its shine and keep it safe. Remove your jewelry before bathing and sleeping can protect it.
- Also remember, applying chemicals, like those found in creams, hand sanitizers and perfume, may corrode your piece.
- Not Storing Properly: You may also be making the mistake of not storing your jewelry properly. Storing doesn’t necessarily mean organizing, while we commend you if you also organize them. Proper storage means the piece will not tangle and experience less damage over time.
Tips To Keep You Jewelry at its Best:
- Wear your jewelry as a finishing touch, after you have your outfit and perfume on.
- Keep your pieces as dry as possible.
- Avoid contact with harsh chemicals (aka, no pools or cleaning while wearing them).
- Remove your jewelry before exercising, the sweat may damage your pieces.
- Direct sunlight, sand and saltwater may also damage your jewelry.
How To Properly Clean Your Pieces:
Use our Indigo Foaming Jewelry Cleaner to keep your jewelry at its best.
- Apply the foam to jewelry
- Allow to soak for 10-30 seconds
- Work into hard-to-reach places with a soft brush
- Rinse well
- Repeat if necessary
You can watch our Instagram Reel explaining how to use our cleanser.
Written by: María Gabriela Gómez